Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cold day in ... May? Greg knits!

Okay, so it isn't actually a cold day in July. Regardless, a rather momentous and highly remarkable event has recently occurred.  

This actually happened: Greg says to Wendy, "I should learn how to knit." 

The background? We were sitting at Melville Cafe, gazing over the Grand River and the Main Street bridge, whilst sipping coffee.  The Knit CamBRIDGE basket was nearby so I picked up the ongoing knitting. Nothing unusual here. But then, Greg reminded me about the Guinness Record Attempt on June 19.  "I should learn how to knit." I nearly fell off my chair. 

So, I showed him what to do. He was, I might add, a rather adroit student or I'm a really good teacher. Another, more likely possibility is that knitting really isn't that difficult. Anyone can knit ... if they want to.  

I'm attaching proof of Greg's first foray into the fibre arts. There's also a lovely photo of yours truly with the Main Street Bridge in the background. It's looking all cold and bland: definitely needs a warm bridge cozy. The final photo is completely random: Greg took it today when we were walking along the Grand River below the flood walls. I love the textures and subtle colours.

Posted via email from wendyhoo's pre-posterous

No comments: