Friday, February 26, 2010

Spinning a good hockey game

Despite my best intentions, I have spent the week spinning. And watching the Olympics.

I know, I know. It might not sound so bad but I have a few pressing knitting projects on needles that are calling, bleating, to me: "knit me, knit me." There's sock #1, a gorgeous lace scarf using hand-spun kid-silk yarn (not mine), a random scarf that's the perfect project for knitting whilst watching tv, and a couple of forgotten Works In Progress that need serious attention.  Why, oh why, should I learn to use a drop spindle now? 

Part of it is just random timing. My local yarn shop - Yarn Indulgences - had a drop spindle class that I signed up for without thinking of the long-term consequences.  Oh sure, our spinning teacher warned us that spinning was addictive. But did I listen? Apparently not. 

Regardless, here I am still thinking that I'm not a spinner; I'm a knitter, damn it. And yet, here I am showing off my first real ball of my hand-spun yarn. 

Now to ply. ;)

Posted via email from wendyhoo's pre-posterous

No comments: