Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Elizabeth Durand's Basic Mitt's for Children knit up great

These mittens were knit using Elizabeth Durand's Basic Mitt's for Children found on http://afghansforafghans.org/mittens.html. The pattern is free. She asks only that you knit a pair for charity. 

Since charity starts at home, I knit my first pair for my son who's constantly losing his mittens - naughty kitten. <sigh>  Next, I'll make a pair for Lutherwood's Wall of Warmth. Visit the Cambridge (Ontario) office if you need a warm pair of mitts, hat or scarf. :)

What I like about this pattern is that both mittens are the same: makes it easier for young 'uns to get 'em on!  Oh, and FYI, I knit these a size bigger and lightly felted them. 

Easy pattern that knits up perfectly! Thanks Elizabeth :)

Posted via email from wendyhoo's posterous

No comments: